Fewer than 1,000 remain without power in Vt.The Associated Press | December 26,2013MONTPELIER - Vermont State Police are urging drivers to be extremely careful on Interstate 89, where there is significant icing through Chittenden County.
Meanwhile, about 600 people remain without power following the ice storm that hit the region over the weekend.
The Vermont Electric Coop reported just under 500 customers without power early Thursday morning, with dozens of small outages scattered throughout its territory and significant line damage from Richford to Highgate.
The company estimates all repairs will be made by late Thursday night.
The website VToutages.com also reports about 160 outages among customers of the Enosburg Falls Water and Light Department.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Well diggers in Cardiff, New York, find what is thought to be the petrified body of a 10-foot-tall man, perfectly preserved after thousands of years, which becomes a popular roadside attraction until proven to be a fake.
- Pittsford Haunted House
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1720, 'Calico Jack' Rackham, Caribbean pirate and early feminist, known for recruiting women to his crew and for fabric decorating skills after creating 'Jolly Roger' flag, is captured by the British Royal Navy.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont has a new state Supreme Court Justice; city hospital says it can save plenty by upgrading its lights and trucking in natural gas; Springfield has a new town manager, former West Rutland guy, Tom Yennerall.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1307, King Phillip the Fair of France orders hundreds of Knights Templar rounded up and arrested, charged with heresy, tortured until they confess; on this day in 1917, thousands see miracle of Our Lady of Fatima.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Solarfest likely to be on hold until at least 2016, Great Dane involved in theft of an $89,000 shotgun leads police to the thieves, PSB will not reopen VGS pipeline case, prosecutors want evidence in body-packing drug case.