Truck in fatal crash was inoperableDecember 03,2013ACWORTH ó A Bellows Falls man killed in a crash Friday night in Acworth was in a truck that wasnít fit to drive, according to police.
Police said 45-year-old Thomas Garrow was driving a truck with no steering and limited brakes because he was trying to move it. No further details were available on where he was moving the truck from, and to.
Garrow was killed when he crashed into a tree on Grout Hill Road in Acworth. Police said he lost control of the vehicle coming down a steep hill, as the truck picked up speed and didnít have proper brakes.
Police say Garrow was killed on impact and was found dead inside the vehicle. He was the only occupant in the truck.MORE IN This Just InA stepfather accused of killing his 2-year-old daughter was released from jail Friday night after... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.