Truck in fatal crash was inoperableDecember 03,2013ACWORTH ó A Bellows Falls man killed in a crash Friday night in Acworth was in a truck that wasnít fit to drive, according to police.
Police said 45-year-old Thomas Garrow was driving a truck with no steering and limited brakes because he was trying to move it. No further details were available on where he was moving the truck from, and to.
Garrow was killed when he crashed into a tree on Grout Hill Road in Acworth. Police said he lost control of the vehicle coming down a steep hill, as the truck picked up speed and didnít have proper brakes.
Police say Garrow was killed on impact and was found dead inside the vehicle. He was the only occupant in the truck.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1935, New York gangster, bootlegger, ruthless murderer Dutch Schultz, born Arthur Flegenheimer to Jewish-German immigrant parents, and three associates gunned down, killed, at the Palace Chophouse in Newark, N.J.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Acclaimed illusionist & escape artist Harry Houdini, performing in Montreal in 1926, is sucker-punched by a McGill University student. Houdini doesn't know he has peritonitis - the punches are possible factor in his Oct. 31 death.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Police Chief James Baker to resign from the force at the end of the year to take a job in Washington, D.C., jury remains out in teacher killing murder trial, Rec Dept. releases report on what's wrong with White's Pool.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Well diggers in Cardiff, New York, find what is thought to be the petrified body of a 10-foot-tall man, perfectly preserved after thousands of years, which becomes a popular roadside attraction until proven to be a fake.
- Pittsford Haunted House
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1720, 'Calico Jack' Rackham, Caribbean pirate and early feminist, known for recruiting women to his crew and for fabric decorating skills after creating 'Jolly Roger' flag, is captured by the British Royal Navy.