Truck in fatal crash was inoperableDecember 03,2013ACWORTH ó A Bellows Falls man killed in a crash Friday night in Acworth was in a truck that wasnít fit to drive, according to police.
Police said 45-year-old Thomas Garrow was driving a truck with no steering and limited brakes because he was trying to move it. No further details were available on where he was moving the truck from, and to.
Garrow was killed when he crashed into a tree on Grout Hill Road in Acworth. Police said he lost control of the vehicle coming down a steep hill, as the truck picked up speed and didnít have proper brakes.
Police say Garrow was killed on impact and was found dead inside the vehicle. He was the only occupant in the truck.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Woodstock Ave. lane reconfiguration trial will go forward despite resistance, Rutland city engineer decamps for greener pastures in flatlands, technology changes the way many people file tax returns.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Gulf wildlife still dying from 2010 BP oil spill, Veena in Cabo San Lucas, Gertrude Stein on family living, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Police officer identified in deadly Brattleboro shooting, school consolidation boosters silent on savings, lawmakers nix legal marijuana for PTSD and scrap yard helps solve half-ton heist.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Coyotes are true American survivors, Veena on Narragansett Pier, Vladimir Nabokov in Paris.