Vehicle slides into White RiverNovember 28,2013Vehicle slides
into White River
TUNBRIDGE — Vermont State Police say a 21-year-old Tunbridge man suffered minor injuries when the car he was driving slid into the First Branch of the White River in Tunbridge.
Police said Jason Sprang lost control of his vehicle after he was blinded by the headlights of another vehicle at about 6:45 a.m. Wednesday on Vermont Route 110. He went through a guardrail into the river.
Sprang got out of the car and walked to shore where he was helped by another motorist until help arrived.
Sprang was taken to Gifford Medical Center in Randolph with possible back injuries.
His car was destroyed.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Jim Jeffords' legacy, Brandon takes a few questions about proposed budget, beleaguered city playground likely to move, woman awakes to find strange man with knives standing at her bedside.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Former U.S. Senator James Jeffords dies Monday in Washington D.C., a local man is beaten and robbed while walking on West Street, Clarendon sets a tax rate and Brandon convenes an informational public meeting about its budget.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1915, the New York World publishes scoop: Thom. Edison diverts chemical from war production to help German pharmaceutical company make aspirin; on this day in 1935, Will Rogers, Wiley Post die in Alaska plane crash.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: State panel briefed on smuggling drugs into prisons; new French-German documentary about Vermont's heroin addiction; solar project at Vets Home falls apart; update dispute between Open Door Mission and treatment center.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Climatologists might not know as much about El Nino as they thought they knew. New studies show 10,000 years ago, El Nino was active, and polar ice sheets were rapidly melting — just like today.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: State colleges get a budget cut break, vandals spray paint Wallingford basketball court, state's attorney will replace lost deputies, cop lawsuit proceeds, Mendon mini-golf proposal makes headway.