Vehicle slides into White RiverNovember 28,2013Vehicle slides
into White River
TUNBRIDGE — Vermont State Police say a 21-year-old Tunbridge man suffered minor injuries when the car he was driving slid into the First Branch of the White River in Tunbridge.
Police said Jason Sprang lost control of his vehicle after he was blinded by the headlights of another vehicle at about 6:45 a.m. Wednesday on Vermont Route 110. He went through a guardrail into the river.
Sprang got out of the car and walked to shore where he was helped by another motorist until help arrived.
Sprang was taken to Gifford Medical Center in Randolph with possible back injuries.
His car was destroyed.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1935, New York gangster, bootlegger, ruthless murderer Dutch Schultz, born Arthur Flegenheimer to Jewish-German immigrant parents, and three associates gunned down, killed, at the Palace Chophouse in Newark, N.J.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Acclaimed illusionist & escape artist Harry Houdini, performing in Montreal in 1926, is sucker-punched by a McGill University student. Houdini doesn't know he has peritonitis - the punches are possible factor in his Oct. 31 death.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Police Chief James Baker to resign from the force at the end of the year to take a job in Washington, D.C., jury remains out in teacher killing murder trial, Rec Dept. releases report on what's wrong with White's Pool.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Well diggers in Cardiff, New York, find what is thought to be the petrified body of a 10-foot-tall man, perfectly preserved after thousands of years, which becomes a popular roadside attraction until proven to be a fake.
- Pittsford Haunted House
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1720, 'Calico Jack' Rackham, Caribbean pirate and early feminist, known for recruiting women to his crew and for fabric decorating skills after creating 'Jolly Roger' flag, is captured by the British Royal Navy.