Vt. man pleads to drug chargesNovember 28,2013WHITE RIVER JUNCTION — A Vermont man has pleaded guilty to three drug possession charges, two retail theft counts and several other offenses.
The drug charges against Philip Carvalho, 23, of Windsor stem from a May 31 arrest after officers with the Windsor Police Department said they seized evidence of narcotics, drug paraphernalia and weapons in his home.
The Eagle Times reports that in addition to a credit card fraud charge from 2012, Carvalho pleaded guilty to retail theft from Cumberland Farms on Sept. 9 when he attempted to steal beer and another on Sept. 16 after leaving the Price Chopper without paying for some drinks.
Carvalho also pleaded guilty to an Oct. 8 disorderly conduct charge at the Windsor Rite Aid and resisting arrest on Oct. 14.
A sentencing hearing is expected next month.MORE IN This Just InIn the year since he was arraigned in the hit and run killing of a Mendon woman, former Rutland... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: First televised nuclear test, Woody Harrelson's father claimed involvement in the JFK assassination, Immanuel Kant and William L. Shirer rave on and MIT researchers propose sea-borne nuclear power stations.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Accused child killer released on bail, protesters want him back behind bars, aldermen meet to vote on mayor's board nomination, 156 Vermont runners participate in Monday's Boston Marathon.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Soil beneath Greenland ice sheet predates dawn of mankind, Hitch faces true Hollawood problem head-on, Mark Twain on school boards, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Free Library director Paula Baker will retire at the end of the year, state Senate will vote on new minimum wage legislation and Bennington College graduates win Pulitzer Prizes.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.