Vt. man pleads to drug chargesNovember 28,2013WHITE RIVER JUNCTION — A Vermont man has pleaded guilty to three drug possession charges, two retail theft counts and several other offenses.
The drug charges against Philip Carvalho, 23, of Windsor stem from a May 31 arrest after officers with the Windsor Police Department said they seized evidence of narcotics, drug paraphernalia and weapons in his home.
The Eagle Times reports that in addition to a credit card fraud charge from 2012, Carvalho pleaded guilty to retail theft from Cumberland Farms on Sept. 9 when he attempted to steal beer and another on Sept. 16 after leaving the Price Chopper without paying for some drinks.
Carvalho also pleaded guilty to an Oct. 8 disorderly conduct charge at the Windsor Rite Aid and resisting arrest on Oct. 14.
A sentencing hearing is expected next month.MORE IN This Just InSki area operators in Vermont and across northern New England were giddy Wednesday at the... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1778, Capt. James Cook is first European to set eyes on Maui in Hawaiian Islands; 1922, Pharoah Tutankhamun found after 3000 years; 1909, Hollawood movie star Frances Dee born in Los Angeles.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Hazmat unit called downtown, Boys & Girls Club hosts dinner for members and families, Secret Santa back on the beat, city discusses runoff problem on Mayfield Road, Brandon gets creative about fixes to town roads, sidewalks.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1944, U.S. begins B-29 bombing raids on Japanese main islands; in 1950, Great Appalachian Storm begins to form; 1963, Lee Oswald killed by Jack Ruby; 1974, D.B. Cooper hijacks Seattle-bound airliner; 1974, 'Lucy' found.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, striking Colo. miners attacked with machine guns by state police; 1877, Thomas Edison announces invention of the phonograph, 1959, Alan Freed fired by WABC 770 AM for accepting payola to promote records.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1863, President Abraham Lincoln delivers short speech in Gettysburg, Pa.; in 1984, a Pemex LNG facility destroyed by series of gas explosions, 600 people are killed; in 1998, Senate builds fire under Bill Clinton.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1831 – Independent South American super-state, Gran Colombia, dissolved; 1856 - Fort Buchanan built to control Apache warriors; 1970 - William Calley Jr. goes on trial after 1968 massacre at My Lai, Vietnam.