Police: Snowy Vt. crash kills Mass. manThe Associated Press | November 24,2013RANDOLPH - Police say a Massachusetts man is dead following a single-vehicle crash on a snow-covered interstate in Vermont.
State police say 21-year-old Benjamin Mohla of Wakefield, Mass. died in the crash Saturday afternoon on Interstate 89 in Randolph.
Investigators say Mohla was riding in the backseat of a pickup truck that went off the roadway, down an embankment and struck a tree. He was not wearing a seatbelt.
Police said the driver and another passenger, both of Gloucester, Mass., were also injured.
Authorities say the crash remains under investigation.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Well diggers in Cardiff, New York, find what is thought to be the petrified body of a 10-foot-tall man, perfectly preserved after thousands of years, which becomes a popular roadside attraction until proven to be a fake.
- Pittsford Haunted House
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1720, 'Calico Jack' Rackham, Caribbean pirate and early feminist, known for recruiting women to his crew and for fabric decorating skills after creating 'Jolly Roger' flag, is captured by the British Royal Navy.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1307, King Phillip the Fair of France orders hundreds of Knights Templar rounded up and arrested, charged with heresy, tortured until they confess; on this day in 1917, thousands see miracle of Our Lady of Fatima.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont has a new state Supreme Court Justice; city hospital says it can save plenty by upgrading its lights and trucking in natural gas; Springfield has a new town manager, former West Rutland guy, Tom Yennerall.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Solarfest likely to be on hold until at least 2016, Great Dane involved in theft of an $89,000 shotgun leads police to the thieves, PSB will not reopen VGS pipeline case, prosecutors want evidence in body-packing drug case.