Police: Snowy Vt. crash kills Mass. manThe Associated Press | November 24,2013RANDOLPH - Police say a Massachusetts man is dead following a single-vehicle crash on a snow-covered interstate in Vermont.
State police say 21-year-old Benjamin Mohla of Wakefield, Mass. died in the crash Saturday afternoon on Interstate 89 in Randolph.
Investigators say Mohla was riding in the backseat of a pickup truck that went off the roadway, down an embankment and struck a tree. He was not wearing a seatbelt.
Police said the driver and another passenger, both of Gloucester, Mass., were also injured.
Authorities say the crash remains under investigation.MORE IN This Just InBillings Farm & Museum in Woodstock will host its annual Baby Animal Day on Saturday. Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Woodstock Ave. lane reconfiguration trial will go forward despite resistance, Rutland city engineer decamps for greener pastures in flatlands, technology changes the way many people file tax returns.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Gulf wildlife still dying from 2010 BP oil spill, Veena in Cabo San Lucas, Gertrude Stein on family living, all in today's minute.