Police investigate knife-point robberyNovember 19,2013Police say a man brandishing a knife robbed a convenience store on Business Route 4 in Center Rutland Sunday night.
Vermont State Police say a man entered Mac’s Market just before 10 p.m. and threatened a clerk while demanding money from the register. The robber, whose face was covered by a bandanna and sunglasses, then fled the store on foot running in an easterly direction, police said.
No one was hurt in the incident.
The robber was described as a white man, standing about 6 feet tall with a lean to average build. He was wearing a light blue hoodie with the numbers “802” in black on it. He wore black pants, black sneakers and knit gloves.
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call state police at 773-9101.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Well diggers in Cardiff, New York, find what is thought to be the petrified body of a 10-foot-tall man, perfectly preserved after thousands of years, which becomes a popular roadside attraction until proven to be a fake.
- Pittsford Haunted House
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1720, 'Calico Jack' Rackham, Caribbean pirate and early feminist, known for recruiting women to his crew and for fabric decorating skills after creating 'Jolly Roger' flag, is captured by the British Royal Navy.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont has a new state Supreme Court Justice; city hospital says it can save plenty by upgrading its lights and trucking in natural gas; Springfield has a new town manager, former West Rutland guy, Tom Yennerall.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1307, King Phillip the Fair of France orders hundreds of Knights Templar rounded up and arrested, charged with heresy, tortured until they confess; on this day in 1917, thousands see miracle of Our Lady of Fatima.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Solarfest likely to be on hold until at least 2016, Great Dane involved in theft of an $89,000 shotgun leads police to the thieves, PSB will not reopen VGS pipeline case, prosecutors want evidence in body-packing drug case.