Police investigate knife-point robberyNovember 19,2013Police say a man brandishing a knife robbed a convenience store on Business Route 4 in Center Rutland Sunday night.
Vermont State Police say a man entered Mac’s Market just before 10 p.m. and threatened a clerk while demanding money from the register. The robber, whose face was covered by a bandanna and sunglasses, then fled the store on foot running in an easterly direction, police said.
No one was hurt in the incident.
The robber was described as a white man, standing about 6 feet tall with a lean to average build. He was wearing a light blue hoodie with the numbers “802” in black on it. He wore black pants, black sneakers and knit gloves.
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call state police at 773-9101.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1618, English author, poet, soldier, adventurer Sir Walter Raleigh is beheaded for conspiring to overthrow King James I, but more likely to mollify offenses to Spain. His executioner has to implore him for silence.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1492, Italian explorer, admiral of the ocean sea, Christopher Columbus, sailing for the Spanish crown, 'discovers' Cuba; on this day in 1964, U.S. officials deny American involvement in bombing North Vietnam.
- Video: Fire engulfs house on Pine Street
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1936, Mrs. Wallis Warfield Spencer Simpson, mistress of King Edward VIII, is granted her second divorce, enabling her to marry the king. The government, the Church of England and the London Times have another idea.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: V-2 No. 13, launched this day in 1946 from White Sands, New Mexico, takes first photographs of Earth from the edge of the planet's outer atmosphere; 1947: Walt Disney testifies before HUAC, names employees he says are communists.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont's brand discussed at Killington, state's attorney candidates Marc Brierre and Rose Kennedy profiled, Curtis reports about Rutland police chief's new job, and four arrested, charged for heroin, crack sales.