adopts 2nd child
BURLINGTON — There’s a new addition at Burlington Mayor Miro Weinberger’s house.
The mayor and his wife, Stacy Sherwat Weinberger, have adopted a second child.
They told the Burlington Free Press that Ada Champlain Weinberger was born Oct. 15 in Vermont. They announced her arrival Sunday on Facebook.
Her name acknowledges one of the mayor’s grandfathers, Andrew, by picking an “A” name, while also noting another natural feature: Lake Champlain.
The adoption was facilitated through the Lund Family Center in Burlington.
The couple, who married in 2000, adopted their first daughter, Li Lin, at age 10½ months in January 2007.MORE IN Vermont NewsMONTPELIER — A bill that would consolidate school districts in the state is generating questions... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Woodstock Ave. lane reconfiguration trial will go forward despite resistance, Rutland city engineer decamps for greener pastures in flatlands, technology changes the way many people file tax returns.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Gulf wildlife still dying from 2010 BP oil spill, Veena in Cabo San Lucas, Gertrude Stein on family living, all in today's minute.