adopts 2nd child
BURLINGTON — There’s a new addition at Burlington Mayor Miro Weinberger’s house.
The mayor and his wife, Stacy Sherwat Weinberger, have adopted a second child.
They told the Burlington Free Press that Ada Champlain Weinberger was born Oct. 15 in Vermont. They announced her arrival Sunday on Facebook.
Her name acknowledges one of the mayor’s grandfathers, Andrew, by picking an “A” name, while also noting another natural feature: Lake Champlain.
The adoption was facilitated through the Lund Family Center in Burlington.
The couple, who married in 2000, adopted their first daughter, Li Lin, at age 10½ months in January 2007.MORE IN Vermont NewsMONTPELIER — About 200 striking FairPoint workers and their supporters rallied at the Vermont... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, striking Colo. miners attacked with machine guns by state police; 1877, Thomas Edison announces invention of the phonograph, 1959, Alan Freed fired by WABC 770 AM for accepting payola to promote records.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1863, President Abraham Lincoln delivers short speech in Gettysburg, Pa.; in 1984, a Pemex LNG facility destroyed by series of gas explosions, 600 people are killed; in 1998, Senate builds fire under Bill Clinton.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1831 – Independent South American super-state, Gran Colombia, dissolved; 1856 - Fort Buchanan built to control Apache warriors; 1970 - William Calley Jr. goes on trial after 1968 massacre at My Lai, Vietnam.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Wisconsin Sen. Joe McCarthy takes advantage of Cold War jitters and builds a tidy little fiefdom for himself on Capitol Hill. It's all good, but pride goes before you know darn well what. The junior senator is damaged going down.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, Leon Trotsky is expelled from the Soviet Communist Party, leaving Joseph Stalin in control of the Soviet Union; in 1970, Oregon DOT tries to dynamite a dead whale off a beach with a rather shocking result.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1972, Southern Airways Flight 49 is hijacked, the crew and passengers held for ransom. The hijackers want $10 million and passage to Cuba. In 2007, in Santiago, Chile, King Juan Carlos of Spain loses patience with Hugo Chavez.