Police seek help finding knife-point robberNovember 18,2013Photo provided
State police are looking for this robbery suspect.Police say a man brandishing a knife robbed a convenience store on Business Route 4 in Center Rutland Sunday night, and have released a photo of the suspect taken from the store's surveillance video.
They are asking for the public's help in locating the robber.
Vermont State Police say a man entered Mac's Market just before 10 p.m. and threatened a clerk while demanding money from the register. The robber, whose face was covered by a bandanna and sunglasses, then fled the store on foot running in an easterly direction, police said.
No one was hurt in the incident.
The robber was described as a white man, standing about 6 feet tall with a lean to average build. He was wearing a light blue hoodie with the numbers “802” in black on it. He wore black pants, black sneakers and knit gloves.
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call state police at 773-9101.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1778, Capt. James Cook is first European to set eyes on Maui in Hawaiian Islands; 1922, Pharoah Tutankhamun found after 3000 years; 1909, Hollawood movie star Frances Dee born in Los Angeles.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Hazmat unit called downtown, Boys & Girls Club hosts dinner for members and families, Secret Santa back on the beat, city discusses runoff problem on Mayfield Road, Brandon gets creative about fixes to town roads, sidewalks.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1944, U.S. begins B-29 bombing raids on Japanese main islands; in 1950, Great Appalachian Storm begins to form; 1963, Lee Oswald killed by Jack Ruby; 1974, D.B. Cooper hijacks Seattle-bound airliner; 1974, 'Lucy' found.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, striking Colo. miners attacked with machine guns by state police; 1877, Thomas Edison announces invention of the phonograph, 1959, Alan Freed fired by WABC 770 AM for accepting payola to promote records.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1863, President Abraham Lincoln delivers short speech in Gettysburg, Pa.; in 1984, a Pemex LNG facility destroyed by series of gas explosions, 600 people are killed; in 1998, Senate builds fire under Bill Clinton.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1831 – Independent South American super-state, Gran Colombia, dissolved; 1856 - Fort Buchanan built to control Apache warriors; 1970 - William Calley Jr. goes on trial after 1968 massacre at My Lai, Vietnam.