Police seek help finding knife-point robberNovember 18,2013Photo provided
State police are looking for this robbery suspect.Police say a man brandishing a knife robbed a convenience store on Business Route 4 in Center Rutland Sunday night, and have released a photo of the suspect taken from the store's surveillance video.
They are asking for the public's help in locating the robber.
Vermont State Police say a man entered Mac's Market just before 10 p.m. and threatened a clerk while demanding money from the register. The robber, whose face was covered by a bandanna and sunglasses, then fled the store on foot running in an easterly direction, police said.
No one was hurt in the incident.
The robber was described as a white man, standing about 6 feet tall with a lean to average build. He was wearing a light blue hoodie with the numbers “802” in black on it. He wore black pants, black sneakers and knit gloves.
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call state police at 773-9101.MORE IN This Just InEfforts are underway to raise thousands of dollars needed to pay for medical care and other... Full StoryTOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town. 0Rutland Herald News Editor Alan Keays and staff writer Gordon Dritschilo discuss some of the... Full StoryThe Associated Press Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Woodstock Ave. lane reconfiguration trial will go forward despite resistance, Rutland city engineer decamps for greener pastures in flatlands, technology changes the way many people file tax returns.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Gulf wildlife still dying from 2010 BP oil spill, Veena in Cabo San Lucas, Gertrude Stein on family living, all in today's minute.