City man denies domestic assaultNovember 15,2013City man denies
A Rutland man who allegedly grabbed a woman by the throat and smothered her during a fight on Curtis Avenue denied a felony charge of domestic assault on Wednesday.
Justin K. Farnham, 29, pleaded innocent in Rutland criminal court to a charge of aggravated domestic assault in the first degree. Farnham, who was jailed Tuesday night, was released after his arraignment Wednesday on a $5,000 unsecured appearance bond. Judge Theresa DiMauro also imposed a 9 p.m. to 6 a.m. curfew for Farnham.
Rutland police say they arrested Farnham after a woman locked herself in her car outside Farnhamís apartment at 24 Curtis Ave. and called for help.
The woman told police that she came to Farnhamís apartment to retrieve some clothes. When Farnham insisted that he burnt them, she said she began throwing his clothes on the floor.
Farnham then allegedly grabbed the woman by the throat and heaved her into a wall. The woman said she tried to punch him but Farnham allegedly threw her onto a bed and put his hand over her nose and mouth so she couldnít breathe.MORE IN This Just InBAGHDAD ó Attacks across Iraq, including a series of bombings targeting shoppers in a Sunni... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.