The Pittsford Historical Society Museum is preparing to close for the winter.November 15,2013Historical society
PITTSFORD - The Pittsford Historical Society Museum will be open two more days, today and Nov. 19, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
It will reopen Friday, Dec. 13, for the townwide Holiday Business-After-Hours from 4 to 8 p.m. The museum will then close for the winter, reopening in late March or early April.
However, volunteers should check Eaton Hall and phone messages frequently throughout the winter. For more information call 483-2040.
In addition, the St. Alphonsus Church Holiday Fair will be held Dec. 7 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. The date was incorrectly reported in a previous edition of the Herald.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: No charges to be filed inconnection with crash of city police cruiser, farmers group turn to Internet to raise money for solar project, Street Talk polls passersby about legal marijuana.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1898, Nelson Miles leads American troops into Puerto Rico during Spanish-American War, Bob Dylan electrifies Newport Folk Festival in 1965, author and longshoreman Eric Hoffer born this day in 1902.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information for Friday, July 25, and easily digestible news tidbits: Mysterious enormous hole in the Siberian tundra baffles scientists.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Ever wonder why the otherwise straight-lined Appalachian chain's got a big crimp in it in Pennsylvania and and New York?
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Scott Milne opens campaign for governor's office, crime statistics fall in city, new home for homeless prevention center, traffic cameras are not watching you, capital panel hears testimony about protecting children.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: America's feet getting bigger than ever, and Americans keep jamming their feet into small sized shoes. Wake up, America!