The Pittsford Historical Society Museum is preparing to close for the winter.November 15,2013Historical society
PITTSFORD - The Pittsford Historical Society Museum will be open two more days, today and Nov. 19, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
It will reopen Friday, Dec. 13, for the townwide Holiday Business-After-Hours from 4 to 8 p.m. The museum will then close for the winter, reopening in late March or early April.
However, volunteers should check Eaton Hall and phone messages frequently throughout the winter. For more information call 483-2040.
In addition, the St. Alphonsus Church Holiday Fair will be held Dec. 7 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. The date was incorrectly reported in a previous edition of the Herald.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Well diggers in Cardiff, New York, find what is thought to be the petrified body of a 10-foot-tall man, perfectly preserved after thousands of years, which becomes a popular roadside attraction until proven to be a fake.
- Pittsford Haunted House
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1720, 'Calico Jack' Rackham, Caribbean pirate and early feminist, known for recruiting women to his crew and for fabric decorating skills after creating 'Jolly Roger' flag, is captured by the British Royal Navy.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont has a new state Supreme Court Justice; city hospital says it can save plenty by upgrading its lights and trucking in natural gas; Springfield has a new town manager, former West Rutland guy, Tom Yennerall.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1307, King Phillip the Fair of France orders hundreds of Knights Templar rounded up and arrested, charged with heresy, tortured until they confess; on this day in 1917, thousands see miracle of Our Lady of Fatima.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Solarfest likely to be on hold until at least 2016, Great Dane involved in theft of an $89,000 shotgun leads police to the thieves, PSB will not reopen VGS pipeline case, prosecutors want evidence in body-packing drug case.