The Pittsford Historical Society Museum is preparing to close for the winter.November 15,2013Historical society
PITTSFORD - The Pittsford Historical Society Museum will be open two more days, today and Nov. 19, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
It will reopen Friday, Dec. 13, for the townwide Holiday Business-After-Hours from 4 to 8 p.m. The museum will then close for the winter, reopening in late March or early April.
However, volunteers should check Eaton Hall and phone messages frequently throughout the winter. For more information call 483-2040.
In addition, the St. Alphonsus Church Holiday Fair will be held Dec. 7 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. The date was incorrectly reported in a previous edition of the Herald.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Archaeologists find a leather shoe in a cave in Armenia that predates the Pyramids by more than a thousand years.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1932, President Hoover orders the Army to evict bonus marchers from Anacostia Flats; author Malcolm Lowry born this day, as is Jackie Kennedy and Mike Bloomfield; Stephen Crane on consuming one's own heart.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Earth barely avoids being blasted by immense solar flare in 2012, astrophysicists say next time might not be so lucky.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1898, Nelson Miles leads American troops into Puerto Rico during Spanish-American War, Bob Dylan electrifies Newport Folk Festival in 1965, author and longshoreman Eric Hoffer born this day in 1902.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: No charges to be filed inconnection with crash of city police cruiser, farmers group turn to Internet to raise money for solar project, Street Talk polls passersby about legal marijuana.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information for Friday, July 25, and easily digestible news tidbits: Mysterious enormous hole in the Siberian tundra baffles scientists.