Airport’s runway expansion OK’dNovember 13,2013Airport’s runway
extension is OK’d
WILMINGTON — Plans to upgrade and continue the revitalization of a southern Vermont airport have gotten another big boost after Wilmington’s Development Review Board approved a plan that to extend the runway.
The conditional-use permit issued last week calls for a runway that would be no more than 4,450 feet long and 75 feet wide.
Much of the airport is in Dover, but a section of the runway is in Wilmington.
Earlier this year the former Mount Snow Airport was purchased and renamed the Deerfield Valley Airport. It’s part of a broader plan to bring more visitors to the region.
Officials don’t anticipate bringing in jets larger than eight to 12 seats, the Brattleboro Reformer reported.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Woodstock Ave. lane reconfiguration trial will go forward despite resistance, Rutland city engineer decamps for greener pastures in flatlands, technology changes the way many people file tax returns.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Gulf wildlife still dying from 2010 BP oil spill, Veena in Cabo San Lucas, Gertrude Stein on family living, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Police officer identified in deadly Brattleboro shooting, school consolidation boosters silent on savings, lawmakers nix legal marijuana for PTSD and scrap yard helps solve half-ton heist.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Coyotes are true American survivors, Veena on Narragansett Pier, Vladimir Nabokov in Paris.