Airport’s runway expansion OK’dNovember 13,2013Airport’s runway
extension is OK’d
WILMINGTON — Plans to upgrade and continue the revitalization of a southern Vermont airport have gotten another big boost after Wilmington’s Development Review Board approved a plan that to extend the runway.
The conditional-use permit issued last week calls for a runway that would be no more than 4,450 feet long and 75 feet wide.
Much of the airport is in Dover, but a section of the runway is in Wilmington.
Earlier this year the former Mount Snow Airport was purchased and renamed the Deerfield Valley Airport. It’s part of a broader plan to bring more visitors to the region.
Officials don’t anticipate bringing in jets larger than eight to 12 seats, the Brattleboro Reformer reported.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1618, English author, poet, soldier, adventurer Sir Walter Raleigh is beheaded for conspiring to overthrow King James I, but more likely to mollify offenses to Spain. His executioner has to implore him for silence.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1492, Italian explorer, admiral of the ocean sea, Christopher Columbus, sailing for the Spanish crown, 'discovers' Cuba; on this day in 1964, U.S. officials deny American involvement in bombing North Vietnam.
- Video: Fire engulfs house on Pine Street
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1936, Mrs. Wallis Warfield Spencer Simpson, mistress of King Edward VIII, is granted her second divorce, enabling her to marry the king. The government, the Church of England and the London Times have another idea.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: V-2 No. 13, launched this day in 1946 from White Sands, New Mexico, takes first photographs of Earth from the edge of the planet's outer atmosphere; 1947: Walt Disney testifies before HUAC, names employees he says are communists.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont's brand discussed at Killington, state's attorney candidates Marc Brierre and Rose Kennedy profiled, Curtis reports about Rutland police chief's new job, and four arrested, charged for heroin, crack sales.