Airport’s runway expansion OK’dNovember 13,2013Airport’s runway
extension is OK’d
WILMINGTON — Plans to upgrade and continue the revitalization of a southern Vermont airport have gotten another big boost after Wilmington’s Development Review Board approved a plan that to extend the runway.
The conditional-use permit issued last week calls for a runway that would be no more than 4,450 feet long and 75 feet wide.
Much of the airport is in Dover, but a section of the runway is in Wilmington.
Earlier this year the former Mount Snow Airport was purchased and renamed the Deerfield Valley Airport. It’s part of a broader plan to bring more visitors to the region.
Officials don’t anticipate bringing in jets larger than eight to 12 seats, the Brattleboro Reformer reported.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: America's feet getting bigger than ever, and Americans keep jamming their feet into small sized shoes. Wake up, America!
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Vanessa Williams resigns from Miss America pageant after Bob Guccione publishes nude photos of her in Penthouse magazine and Hefner takes the high road; on this day in 1995, Alan Hale and Thomas Bopp discover a new comet.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Brandon voters decide fate of proposed budget, calls to police for service on complaints have fallen to new low, city woman who spray painted a response to vandals on her sidewalk is cited for mischief.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: When all the big mammals are rubbed out and a faint geologic memory, rats the size of human beings will stalk the Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: National survey ranks Vermont kids' well-being in second place, Springfield takes up anti-loitering ordinance, Rutland debate taxis, Fair Haven woman is arrested in Rutland for prostitution.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather and news: Research scientists say schizophrenia and marijuana use linked. Are marijuana smokers schizophrenic or are schizophrenics more disposed toward marijuana use?