Husband and wife involved in Stamford crashNovember 12,2013Woman crashes
into husbandís car
STAMFORD ó A Massachusetts woman crashed into her husbandís car while both were driving on Main Street in Stamford on Sunday, which slightly injured one of the coupleís children, according to Trooper Lauren Ronan of the Vermont State Police.
In a press release, Ronan said Clifford Paige, 39, of Rowe, Mass., was driving a 1994 Honda Civic on Main Street in Stamford around 1 p.m. His wife, Mary Paige, also 39, was driving behind him in a 2005 Ford Focus.
Ronan said police believe the crash happened because Clifford Paige slammed on his brakes while arguing with his son. Mary Paige was unable to stop in time to avoid a collision with the rear of the Civic.
The crash caused extensive damage to the front end of the Focus and caused the Civic to hit a guard rail and suffer extensive damage. Both the cars, which Clifford Paige owned, were destroyed.
The couple have eight children and four were in one car while the other four were in the other car. All of the family members were wearing their seat belts but one child was taken to North Adams Regional Hospital in Massachusetts to be treated for a small abrasion. The child was released a short time later, Ronan said.
Clifford Paige was issued a ticket for stopping on the roadway.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, striking Colo. miners attacked with machine guns by state police; 1877, Thomas Edison announces invention of the phonograph, 1959, Alan Freed fired by WABC 770 AM for accepting payola to promote records.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1863, President Abraham Lincoln delivers short speech in Gettysburg, Pa.; in 1984, a Pemex LNG facility destroyed by series of gas explosions, 600 people are killed; in 1998, Senate builds fire under Bill Clinton.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1831 – Independent South American super-state, Gran Colombia, dissolved; 1856 - Fort Buchanan built to control Apache warriors; 1970 - William Calley Jr. goes on trial after 1968 massacre at My Lai, Vietnam.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Wisconsin Sen. Joe McCarthy takes advantage of Cold War jitters and builds a tidy little fiefdom for himself on Capitol Hill. It's all good, but pride goes before you know darn well what. The junior senator is damaged going down.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, Leon Trotsky is expelled from the Soviet Communist Party, leaving Joseph Stalin in control of the Soviet Union; in 1970, Oregon DOT tries to dynamite a dead whale off a beach with a rather shocking result.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1972, Southern Airways Flight 49 is hijacked, the crew and passengers held for ransom. The hijackers want $10 million and passage to Cuba. In 2007, in Santiago, Chile, King Juan Carlos of Spain loses patience with Hugo Chavez.