WOLCOTT — Police are investigating a single-vehicle accident in Vermont that killed a 25-year-old man.
The Lamoille County Sheriff’s Department says Dustin Mason, of Morrisville, was killed shortly after 7 p.m. Saturday when his pickup truck went off the North Wolcott Road at the Wolcott-Craftsbury town line and rolled into the Wild Branch River.
Authorities say Mason was ejected from his vehicle and found on the opposite side of the river as his truck. He was not wearing a seat belt and was pronounced dead at the scene.
Officials say speed and alcohol were factors in the crash.MORE IN Vermont NewsCOLCHESTER — A bunch of kids in a minivan are solving twin challenges in northern Vermont:... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.