Vt man partly ejected, trapped in car overnightNovember 09,2013Vt. man trapped
in car overnight
The Associated Press
JAY — A 75-year-old Vermont man who was trapped overnight after being thrown part way out of his car in a crash is reported to have suffered serious injuries.
Donald Privee, of Richford, had a cold, wet Wednesday night after he drove his Ford Focus off Vermont Route 105 in Jay and the car flipped over.
Police got a missing person report on Privee on Wednesday night. He was found Thursday morning by troopers from the Vermont State Police barracks in St. Albans.
Privee, who police say was not wearing a seat belt at the time of the accident, later was listed in serious condition at Fletcher Allen Health Care in Burlington.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: America's feet getting bigger than ever, and Americans keep jamming their feet into small sized shoes. Wake up, America!
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Vanessa Williams resigns from Miss America pageant after Bob Guccione publishes nude photos of her in Penthouse magazine and Hefner takes the high road; on this day in 1995, Alan Hale and Thomas Bopp discover a new comet.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Brandon voters decide fate of proposed budget, calls to police for service on complaints have fallen to new low, city woman who spray painted a response to vandals on her sidewalk is cited for mischief.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: When all the big mammals are rubbed out and a faint geologic memory, rats the size of human beings will stalk the Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: National survey ranks Vermont kids' well-being in second place, Springfield takes up anti-loitering ordinance, Rutland debate taxis, Fair Haven woman is arrested in Rutland for prostitution.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather and news: Research scientists say schizophrenia and marijuana use linked. Are marijuana smokers schizophrenic or are schizophrenics more disposed toward marijuana use?