John J. Heuckeroth Sr.November 08,2013John J. Heuckeroth Sr.
POULTNEY — John Jacob Heuckeroth Sr., 73, died Monday, Nov. 4, 2013, in Rutland.
He was born Jan. 17, 1940, in Norwalk, Conn., the son of Otto Heuckeroth and Marjorie (Johnson) Heuckeroth.
He grew up in Darien, Conn., and eventually settled in Litchfield, Conn. He retired to Poultney.
He was a U.S. Army veteran, and served in Vietnam.
He worked at Timken Company, formerly known as the Torrington Company, for more than 30 years.
He was a member of American Legion Post #27.
He enjoyed farming, gardening and canning.
Survivors include two sons: John Heuckeroth Jr. of Florida, and David Heuckeroth Sr. of Thomaston, Conn.; two daughters, Barbara and Deborah, both of Litchfield, Conn.; and a step-daughter, Ginger Balch of Torrington, Conn.; a brother, Otto of Texas, and a sister, Patty of North Carolina. He also leaves eight grandchildren and three great-grandchildren. He also leaves behind many devoted neighbors.
He was preceded in death by a son, Gary Heuckeroth, also his Mom and Dad.
At John’s request, there will be no services.
Memorial contributions may be made to: Rutland County Humane Society, Pittsford, VT 05763; or St. Jude’s, PO Box 1893, Memphis, TN 38101.
Special thanks to the Birkheimer Family and Brayall Family.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: America's feet getting bigger than ever, and Americans keep jamming their feet into small sized shoes. Wake up, America!
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Vanessa Williams resigns from Miss America pageant after Bob Guccione publishes nude photos of her in Penthouse magazine and Hefner takes the high road; on this day in 1995, Alan Hale and Thomas Bopp discover a new comet.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Brandon voters decide fate of proposed budget, calls to police for service on complaints have fallen to new low, city woman who spray painted a response to vandals on her sidewalk is cited for mischief.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: When all the big mammals are rubbed out and a faint geologic memory, rats the size of human beings will stalk the Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: National survey ranks Vermont kids' well-being in second place, Springfield takes up anti-loitering ordinance, Rutland debate taxis, Fair Haven woman is arrested in Rutland for prostitution.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather and news: Research scientists say schizophrenia and marijuana use linked. Are marijuana smokers schizophrenic or are schizophrenics more disposed toward marijuana use?