BERLIN — A Middlesex man who was allegedly clocked driving 110 mph on Interstate 89 late Sunday night is facing two criminal charges stemming from the incident.
State police say Gordon Hickory, 26, was taken into custody and processed for driving under the influence shortly after they pulled over the northbound vehicle he was driving near Exit 7 in Berlin.
According to police, Hickory was pulled over shortly before 10:30 p.m., moments after they allegedly clocked him driving 45 mph over the posted 65 mph speed limit.
Police said they determined Hickory had been drinking and he was transported to the Middlesex barracks after he was asked to perform field sobriety exercises.
Hickory was processed for driving under the influence and later released. He is expected to be charged with drunken driving and careless and negligent operation when he is arraigned at the criminal courthouse in Barre on Nov. 21, police said.MORE IN Vermont NewsThe former superintendent of the Caledonia Central Supervisory Union involved in the... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: A fiery pit nicknamed the 'Gate of Hell' in the Karakum desert in Turkmenistan has been burning for 40 years.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Workers on this day in 1984 in a Cheshire, England, peat bog find well-preserved human remains at least 2,000 years dead, born this day in 1843, Robert Todd Lincoln, eldest son of the president, present at three assassinations.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: osh O'Gorman reports on the impact of state budget cuts on state colleges, Rutland Town welcomes Donna Zeller as town clerk, Bryanna Allen in Killington for chili cookoff and Haley talks up the big Shrine game with N.H. and Vt.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Teddy Roosevelt makes Americans believe the poor, peace-loving, misunderstood piranha is a vicious, dangerous animal.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Teamsters leader Jimmy Hoffa disappears on this day in 1975, on this day in 2003, the last Volkswagen Type I, the Beetle, rolls off the assembly line in Mexico, Ambrose Bierce on the classifications of homicide.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Seals have figured out fish they like to eat gather in schools around turbines in offshore wind farms. But the environment is not without hazards, maintenance vessels and noise pollution.