Police: Man charged with DUI 5 had kids in carNovember 04,2013Man facing DUI 5
had kids in car
LUDLOW — A man with four drunken-driving convictions has been charged with a fifth offense after he allegedly drove with his two young children early Sunday morning.
Shortly after 1 a.m., according to Sgt. Richard King with the Ludlow Police Department, police stopped 52-year-old Henry F. Taboada, of Brooklyn, N.Y., for a motor vehicle violation as he drove north on Route 100.
According to police, Taboada showed signs of impairment and was arrested and charged with drunken driving. Police said Taboada had his two children, who are 5 years old and 20 months old, in the car.
According to police, Taboada has four prior drunken-driving convictions from New York and Florida.
He was held in Springfield prison on $3,000 bail. He is scheduled to appear today in White River Junction criminal court.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: First televised nuclear test, Woody Harrelson's father claimed involvement in the JFK assassination, Immanuel Kant and William L. Shirer rave on and MIT researchers propose sea-borne nuclear power stations.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Accused child killer released on bail, protesters want him back behind bars, aldermen meet to vote on mayor's board nomination, 156 Vermont runners participate in Monday's Boston Marathon.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Soil beneath Greenland ice sheet predates dawn of mankind, Hitch faces true Hollawood problem head-on, Mark Twain on school boards, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Free Library director Paula Baker will retire at the end of the year, state Senate will vote on new minimum wage legislation and Bennington College graduates win Pulitzer Prizes.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.