Police: Man charged with DUI 5 had kids in carNovember 04,2013Man facing DUI 5
had kids in car
LUDLOW — A man with four drunken-driving convictions has been charged with a fifth offense after he allegedly drove with his two young children early Sunday morning.
Shortly after 1 a.m., according to Sgt. Richard King with the Ludlow Police Department, police stopped 52-year-old Henry F. Taboada, of Brooklyn, N.Y., for a motor vehicle violation as he drove north on Route 100.
According to police, Taboada showed signs of impairment and was arrested and charged with drunken driving. Police said Taboada had his two children, who are 5 years old and 20 months old, in the car.
According to police, Taboada has four prior drunken-driving convictions from New York and Florida.
He was held in Springfield prison on $3,000 bail. He is scheduled to appear today in White River Junction criminal court.MORE IN This Just InPolice are seeking information about a pair of robberies in Rutland and Wallingford Wednesday night. Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Gov. Peter Shumlin announces demise of his single-payer health insurance initiative; convicted first-degree murderer Alan Prue sentenced to 50 years for killing teacher Melissa Jenkins; veterans chafed about park naming snub.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 497 BC, first Saturnalia festival celebrated in Rome, Scandinavians retain 'Yule Goat' as symbol of season, Krampus, evil side of holiday cheer, terrorizes children into better behavior, more advice from Christopher Hitchens.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 533 AD, Byzantine Emperor Justinian I gets the old empire back together again routing the Vandals from Carthage; in 1890, Lakota Chief Sitting Bull is killed at his home in South Dakota; in 1970, Soviets land probe on Venus.
- DUANE CARLETON: Rutland Herald Events Editor George Nostrand interviews musician Duane Carleton, whose new CD 'A GIRL LIKE THAT' drops Thursday, Dec. 18, 2014, and will be celebrated that evening with a show at 9:30 p.m. at Killington's Pickle Barrel.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Sigisimund, king of Hungary, creates Order of the Dragon to defend the West against Ottoman Turks; Chong Ho escorts 300 virgins to China; J. Bruce Ismay born this day, built Titanic, gets free trip, does not go down with the ship.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Storm takes out power for 60,000 Vermonters; state gets $33M to fund pre-K education; Springfield board OKs fund to demolish blighted buildings, voters have final say; George Nostrand runs down coming events.