Police: Man charged with DUI 5 had kids in carNovember 04,2013Man facing DUI 5
had kids in car
LUDLOW — A man with four drunken-driving convictions has been charged with a fifth offense after he allegedly drove with his two young children early Sunday morning.
Shortly after 1 a.m., according to Sgt. Richard King with the Ludlow Police Department, police stopped 52-year-old Henry F. Taboada, of Brooklyn, N.Y., for a motor vehicle violation as he drove north on Route 100.
According to police, Taboada showed signs of impairment and was arrested and charged with drunken driving. Police said Taboada had his two children, who are 5 years old and 20 months old, in the car.
According to police, Taboada has four prior drunken-driving convictions from New York and Florida.
He was held in Springfield prison on $3,000 bail. He is scheduled to appear today in White River Junction criminal court.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Earth barely avoids being blasted by immense solar flare in 2012, astrophysicists say next time might not be so lucky.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1932, President Hoover orders the Army to evict bonus marchers from Anacostia Flats; author Malcolm Lowry born this day, as is Jackie Kennedy and Mike Bloomfield; Stephen Crane on consuming one's own heart.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1898, Nelson Miles leads American troops into Puerto Rico during Spanish-American War, Bob Dylan electrifies Newport Folk Festival in 1965, author and longshoreman Eric Hoffer born this day in 1902.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: No charges to be filed inconnection with crash of city police cruiser, farmers group turn to Internet to raise money for solar project, Street Talk polls passersby about legal marijuana.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information for Friday, July 25, and easily digestible news tidbits: Mysterious enormous hole in the Siberian tundra baffles scientists.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Ever wonder why the otherwise straight-lined Appalachian chain's got a big crimp in it in Pennsylvania and and New York?