Police: Man charged with DUI 5 had kids in carNovember 04,2013Man facing DUI 5
had kids in car
LUDLOW ó A man with four drunken-driving convictions has been charged with a fifth offense after he allegedly drove with his two young children early Sunday morning.
Shortly after 1 a.m., according to Sgt. Richard King with the Ludlow Police Department, police stopped 52-year-old Henry F. Taboada, of Brooklyn, N.Y., for a motor vehicle violation as he drove north on Route 100.
According to police, Taboada showed signs of impairment and was arrested and charged with drunken driving. Police said Taboada had his two children, who are 5 years old and 20 months old, in the car.
According to police, Taboada has four prior drunken-driving convictions from New York and Florida.
He was held in Springfield prison on $3,000 bail. He is scheduled to appear today in White River Junction criminal court.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, striking Colo. miners attacked with machine guns by state police; 1877, Thomas Edison announces invention of the phonograph, 1959, Alan Freed fired by WABC 770 AM for accepting payola to promote records.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1863, President Abraham Lincoln delivers short speech in Gettysburg, Pa.; in 1984, a Pemex LNG facility destroyed by series of gas explosions, 600 people are killed; in 1998, Senate builds fire under Bill Clinton.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1831 – Independent South American super-state, Gran Colombia, dissolved; 1856 - Fort Buchanan built to control Apache warriors; 1970 - William Calley Jr. goes on trial after 1968 massacre at My Lai, Vietnam.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Wisconsin Sen. Joe McCarthy takes advantage of Cold War jitters and builds a tidy little fiefdom for himself on Capitol Hill. It's all good, but pride goes before you know darn well what. The junior senator is damaged going down.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, Leon Trotsky is expelled from the Soviet Communist Party, leaving Joseph Stalin in control of the Soviet Union; in 1970, Oregon DOT tries to dynamite a dead whale off a beach with a rather shocking result.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1972, Southern Airways Flight 49 is hijacked, the crew and passengers held for ransom. The hijackers want $10 million and passage to Cuba. In 2007, in Santiago, Chile, King Juan Carlos of Spain loses patience with Hugo Chavez.