Vermont lists consumer protection violatorsTHE ASSOCIATED PRESS | November 04,2013MONTPELIER, Vt. (AP) — The Vermont Agency of Agriculture, Food and Markets is now listing on its website businesses that have violated consumer protection regulations that it enforces.
The agency’s consumer protection division inspects and tests gas pumps, grocery scanners, deli scales and other weights and measures devices. It also inspects the quality and grading of agricultural products like apples, eggs and maple syrup.
Violators get an official notice and must send back a report detailing the action taken to correct the problem. If problems continue, the business could face a penalty or legal action.
The agency’s website is www.agriculture.vermont.gov.MORE IN Vermont NewsMONTPELIER — Fancy a pint of Pliny the Elder or Heady Topper double India pale ales, but can’t... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation