Vt bus driver accused of drinking on the jobOctober 31,2013DMV: Bus driver
drank on the job
RANDOLPH — A school bus driver is facing a charge of negligent operation that accuses him of drinking alcohol while transporting school children.
Kent Quilia, 59, of Hartford has been cited to appear in court Nov. 5, according to the state Department of Motor Vehicles.
DMV alleges that Quilia was drinking while driving students from Hartford to Bethel on Sept. 20. After Quilia had finished his afternoon school bus run, DMV said, he picked up the South Royalton High School soccer team and drove them to Randolph.
The Butler Bus Service received a report that one of its drivers was driving erratically, and DMV said the company had another driver take the soccer team back to Bethel.
Quilia did not immediately return a phone call seeking comment.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1520, Ferdinand Magellan is first European to navigate passage that bears his name from the Atlantic to the Pacific sea; in 1582, Will Shakespeare, Anne Hathaway secure their marriage license with 40 pound bond.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1778, Capt. James Cook is first European to set eyes on Maui in Hawaiian Islands; 1922, Pharoah Tutankhamun found after 3000 years; 1909, Hollawood movie star Frances Dee born in Los Angeles.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Hazmat unit called downtown, Boys & Girls Club hosts dinner for members and families, Secret Santa back on the beat, city discusses runoff problem on Mayfield Road, Brandon gets creative about fixes to town roads, sidewalks.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1944, U.S. begins B-29 bombing raids on Japanese main islands; in 1950, Great Appalachian Storm begins to form; 1963, Lee Oswald killed by Jack Ruby; 1974, D.B. Cooper hijacks Seattle-bound airliner; 1974, 'Lucy' found.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, striking Colo. miners attacked with machine guns by state police; 1877, Thomas Edison announces invention of the phonograph, 1959, Alan Freed fired by WABC 770 AM for accepting payola to promote records.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1863, President Abraham Lincoln delivers short speech in Gettysburg, Pa.; in 1984, a Pemex LNG facility destroyed by series of gas explosions, 600 people are killed; in 1998, Senate builds fire under Bill Clinton.