Vt bus driver accused of drinking on the jobOctober 31,2013DMV: Bus driver
drank on the job
RANDOLPH — A school bus driver is facing a charge of negligent operation that accuses him of drinking alcohol while transporting school children.
Kent Quilia, 59, of Hartford has been cited to appear in court Nov. 5, according to the state Department of Motor Vehicles.
DMV alleges that Quilia was drinking while driving students from Hartford to Bethel on Sept. 20. After Quilia had finished his afternoon school bus run, DMV said, he picked up the South Royalton High School soccer team and drove them to Randolph.
The Butler Bus Service received a report that one of its drivers was driving erratically, and DMV said the company had another driver take the soccer team back to Bethel.
Quilia did not immediately return a phone call seeking comment.MORE IN This Just InA stepfather accused of killing his 2-year-old daughter was released from jail Friday night after... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.