Vt bus driver accused of drinking on the jobOctober 31,2013DMV: Bus driver
drank on the job
RANDOLPH — A school bus driver is facing a charge of negligent operation that accuses him of drinking alcohol while transporting school children.
Kent Quilia, 59, of Hartford has been cited to appear in court Nov. 5, according to the state Department of Motor Vehicles.
DMV alleges that Quilia was drinking while driving students from Hartford to Bethel on Sept. 20. After Quilia had finished his afternoon school bus run, DMV said, he picked up the South Royalton High School soccer team and drove them to Randolph.
The Butler Bus Service received a report that one of its drivers was driving erratically, and DMV said the company had another driver take the soccer team back to Bethel.
Quilia did not immediately return a phone call seeking comment.MORE IN This Just InPOULTNEY — Sheila Nichols has been so busy for so long, she doesn’t know how to slow down. Full StoryFAIRLEE — The Thetford Energy Committee was honored Saturday at a statewide energy conference... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation