Two fugitives arrested in VermontOctober 31,2013The Associated Press
BURLINGTON - The U.S. Marshals Service has arrested two fugitives from St. Albans, one wanted for escape and the other wanted for failure to appear in court.
Thirty-year-old Russell Loiselle was arrested Wednesday night in Enosburg. Loiselle was wanted by the state Department of Corrections for escape and by the St. Albans Police Department for disorderly conduct and other offenses. Loiselle had been missing since July 2.
Arrested with Loiselle was 35-year-old Renee Potvin, who was wanted for failure to appear in Chittenden County Criminal Court for false pretense charges. Potvin has been missing since June 2012.
The arrest was a result of investigative efforts by the U.S. Marshals, Vermont State Police and the Department of Homeland Security Investigations.MORE IN This Just InBillings Farm & Museum in Woodstock will host its annual Baby Animal Day on Saturday. Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Woodstock Ave. lane reconfiguration trial will go forward despite resistance, Rutland city engineer decamps for greener pastures in flatlands, technology changes the way many people file tax returns.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Gulf wildlife still dying from 2010 BP oil spill, Veena in Cabo San Lucas, Gertrude Stein on family living, all in today's minute.