Two fugitives arrested in VermontOctober 31,2013The Associated Press
BURLINGTON - The U.S. Marshals Service has arrested two fugitives from St. Albans, one wanted for escape and the other wanted for failure to appear in court.
Thirty-year-old Russell Loiselle was arrested Wednesday night in Enosburg. Loiselle was wanted by the state Department of Corrections for escape and by the St. Albans Police Department for disorderly conduct and other offenses. Loiselle had been missing since July 2.
Arrested with Loiselle was 35-year-old Renee Potvin, who was wanted for failure to appear in Chittenden County Criminal Court for false pretense charges. Potvin has been missing since June 2012.
The arrest was a result of investigative efforts by the U.S. Marshals, Vermont State Police and the Department of Homeland Security Investigations.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, striking Colo. miners attacked with machine guns by state police; 1877, Thomas Edison announces invention of the phonograph, 1959, Alan Freed fired by WABC 770 AM for accepting payola to promote records.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1863, President Abraham Lincoln delivers short speech in Gettysburg, Pa.; in 1984, a Pemex LNG facility destroyed by series of gas explosions, 600 people are killed; in 1998, Senate builds fire under Bill Clinton.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1831 – Independent South American super-state, Gran Colombia, dissolved; 1856 - Fort Buchanan built to control Apache warriors; 1970 - William Calley Jr. goes on trial after 1968 massacre at My Lai, Vietnam.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Wisconsin Sen. Joe McCarthy takes advantage of Cold War jitters and builds a tidy little fiefdom for himself on Capitol Hill. It's all good, but pride goes before you know darn well what. The junior senator is damaged going down.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, Leon Trotsky is expelled from the Soviet Communist Party, leaving Joseph Stalin in control of the Soviet Union; in 1970, Oregon DOT tries to dynamite a dead whale off a beach with a rather shocking result.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1972, Southern Airways Flight 49 is hijacked, the crew and passengers held for ransom. The hijackers want $10 million and passage to Cuba. In 2007, in Santiago, Chile, King Juan Carlos of Spain loses patience with Hugo Chavez.