Driver accused of negligence in Vt. accidentOctober 31,2013The Associated Press
NEWPORT - A woman has been accused of negligence behind the wheel that caused the death of a motorcyclist in Vermont last summer.
Anne Lyons of New Hyde Park, N.Y., pleaded not guilty Tuesday in Orleans Superior Court to a misdemeanor count of careless or negligent operation.
The 78-year-old Lyons is accused of causing the death of 37-year-old Daniel Sanderson on Route 5A in Westmore.
Lyons told state police she was traveling north the night of Aug. 30 when she slowed down and then stopped to make a left turn.
She said Sanderson was traveling south and slowed down before she turned. Daryl Daigneault of Amesbury, Mass., who was traveling behind Lyons, told police that Lyons turned suddenly, leaving Sanderson nowhere to go but into her vehicle.MORE IN This Just InPOULTNEY — Sheila Nichols has been so busy for so long, she doesn’t know how to slow down. Full StoryFAIRLEE — The Thetford Energy Committee was honored Saturday at a statewide energy conference... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation