Winthrop R. Thompson Jr.October 31,2013
Winthrop R. Thompson Jr.Winthrop R. Thompson Jr.
SOUTH STARKSBORO — Winthrop “Peanut” R. Thompson Jr., 47, died Sunday, Oct. 27, 2013, at Rutland Regional Hospital.
He was born March 17, 1966, in Middlebury, the son of Winthrop and Mary Demars Thompson Sr.
He enjoyed fishing, hunting, four-wheeling, snowmobiling, having fun and helping people.
Survivors include his father, Winthrop R. Thompson Sr. and his companion, Shirley Martell; brothers and sisters: Todd Thompson, Roger Thompson, Tina LaBossiere, Pamela St. Armour, Wendy Nielsen, and Scott Martell; several aunts, uncles, nieces, nephews and cousins.
He was predeceased by his mother, Mary Demars Thompson; a sister, Irene Porter; and a brother, Leo Porter.
Friends may call Saturday, Nov. 2, from 4 to 8 p.m. at Shoreham Elementary School, School Street, Shoreham.
In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made to the family: Todd Thompson, 444 South Bingham St., Cornwall, VT 05753.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: First televised nuclear test, Woody Harrelson's father claimed involvement in the JFK assassination, Immanuel Kant and William L. Shirer rave on and MIT researchers propose sea-borne nuclear power stations.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Accused child killer released on bail, protesters want him back behind bars, aldermen meet to vote on mayor's board nomination, 156 Vermont runners participate in Monday's Boston Marathon.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Soil beneath Greenland ice sheet predates dawn of mankind, Hitch faces true Hollawood problem head-on, Mark Twain on school boards, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Free Library director Paula Baker will retire at the end of the year, state Senate will vote on new minimum wage legislation and Bennington College graduates win Pulitzer Prizes.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.