Online meeting leads to chargesOctober 28,2013THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
RANDOLPH — A 28-year-old central Vermont man is being held on $10,000 bail on charges he sexually assaulted a child he met online.
The Orange County Sheriff’s Department says Richard Cyr, of Randolph, is charged with sexual assault, luring a child and contributing to juvenile delinquency.
Police say a juvenile reported meeting a man on a social networking website and eventually agreeing to meet him in person. Police say the man, later identified as Cyr, drove to a secluded location and sexually assaulted he juvenile.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation