Pope Francis subject of talk at St. MichaelsTHE ASSOCIATED PRESS | October 28,2013COLCHESTER — St. Michael’s College this week will play host to an Argentine-born Jesuit priest and professor at Boston College who is described as well-acquainted with the Catholic Church’s newest pope.
Professor Gustavo Morello is delivering a talk on “Argentinean Catholicism and Pope Francis. Who is he and where did he come from?” It’s set for 7 p.m. Thursday at the Dion Family Student Center on the Colchester campus.
On Friday, Morello speaks on “Secularization and the Transformation of Latin American Catholicism.” That talk is set for noon at St. Edmund’s Hall Farrell Room 315.
Morello received his Ph.D. from the Universidad de Buenos Aires in 2011. His research focuses on the relations between Catholics and politics in Argentina and Latin America’s recent history.MORE IN Vermont NewsCOLCHESTER — A bunch of kids in a minivan are solving twin challenges in northern Vermont:... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.