Pope Francis subject of talk at St. MichaelsTHE ASSOCIATED PRESS | October 28,2013COLCHESTER — St. Michael’s College this week will play host to an Argentine-born Jesuit priest and professor at Boston College who is described as well-acquainted with the Catholic Church’s newest pope.
Professor Gustavo Morello is delivering a talk on “Argentinean Catholicism and Pope Francis. Who is he and where did he come from?” It’s set for 7 p.m. Thursday at the Dion Family Student Center on the Colchester campus.
On Friday, Morello speaks on “Secularization and the Transformation of Latin American Catholicism.” That talk is set for noon at St. Edmund’s Hall Farrell Room 315.
Morello received his Ph.D. from the Universidad de Buenos Aires in 2011. His research focuses on the relations between Catholics and politics in Argentina and Latin America’s recent history.MORE IN Vermont NewsWASHINGTON — The president of the Vermont-based New England Federal Credit Union urged Congress... Full StoryTo overcome Vermont Health Connect's early technological woes, more than 100 employees in the... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation