Deadline nears for comment on projectOctober 26,2013Deadline nears for
comment on project
BRATTLEBORO ó Vermontís Public Service Board has extended the comment period on a proposed 2-megawatt solar array for land along Interstate 91 in Brattleboro.
But the town Select Board is still waiting to see if the PSB will allow a public hearing on the proposal by Winstanley Enterprises to install about 8,300 solar panels.
The firm applied for a certificate of public good from the board and asked that the application be considered under a process that expedites the permitting comment period and limits the public input opportunities.
The Brattleboro Reformer reported the Public Service Board set an Oct. 18 deadline for the interested parties to comment. After the town asked for the public hearing, the board extended the comment deadline to Monday.
The Select Board, the Planning Commission and the public have been largely supportive of the project.
There have been some comments made about the aesthetic impact of having more than 8,000 solar panels along the major highway into Vermont, but others have said the solar array should be highlighted to showcase Vermontís commitment to renewable energy.MORE IN This Just InMONTPELIER — Vermont Health Department says eight children from the Charlotte Central... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1835, deranged house painter attempts to kill Pres. Andrew Jackson; in 1969, Beatles play last live public performance on roof of Apple Corps building, London; in 1935, poet Richard Brautigan born in Tacoma, Washington.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Maple syrup standards revised to match international standards; city must decide how best to use $300K in leftover sewer project money; Bryanna Allen reports on funding proposal for solar projects; local agency gets HUD money.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1393, quick thinking teen girl saves King Charles IV of France from burning alive at masquerade ball; in 1760, Vermont town of Pownal created by N.H. Gov. Benning Wentworth; Canuplin, Filipino movie star, born.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day, 1700, Cascadia Earthquake, Magnitude 9 plus, strikes West Coast with tsunami effects felt as far away as Japan; in 1885, troops loyal to Sudanese Mohammad Ahmad conquer Khartoum; in 1992, Boris Yeltsin untargets U.S.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 971 AD, Southern Han war elephant corps defeated by Song Dynasty troops bowmen; in 1870, Montana, Marias massacre, U.S. kills 173 Native Americans; in 1941, Charles Lindbergh recommends neutrality pact with Nazis.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Bryanna Allen reports Castleton Downtown hosts open house, fire in Springfield leaves family without a roof of their own, suspected Bosnian war criminal trial goes to jury, Brent Curtis reports Rutland Town budget set to rise.