Wayne L. Roberts RitesOctober 26,2013Wayne L. Roberts Rites
FAIR HAVEN— The memorial service for Wayne L. “Mike” Roberts, 62, who died Oct. 20, 2013, was held Friday, Oct. 25, at Our Lady of Seven Dolors Catholic Church in Fair Haven.
The Rev. Anthony Pittappillil, pastor of Our Lady of Seven Dolors Church, and the Rev. Marshall Hudson-Knapp, pastor of the First Congregational Church of Fair Haven, officiated.
Organist was Mike DeLuca, and the cantor was Rosie Doran.
Words of remembrance were by Eric Ramey.
Burial followed in Cedar Grove Cemetery in Fair Haven.
Arrangements were by the Durfee Funeral Home.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to Our Lady of Seven Dolors Catholic Church, 10 Washington St., Fair Haven, VT 05743.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1520, Ferdinand Magellan is first European to navigate passage that bears his name from the Atlantic to the Pacific sea; in 1582, Will Shakespeare, Anne Hathaway secure their marriage license with 40 pound bond.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1778, Capt. James Cook is first European to set eyes on Maui in Hawaiian Islands; 1922, Pharoah Tutankhamun found after 3000 years; 1909, Hollawood movie star Frances Dee born in Los Angeles.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Hazmat unit called downtown, Boys & Girls Club hosts dinner for members and families, Secret Santa back on the beat, city discusses runoff problem on Mayfield Road, Brandon gets creative about fixes to town roads, sidewalks.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1944, U.S. begins B-29 bombing raids on Japanese main islands; in 1950, Great Appalachian Storm begins to form; 1963, Lee Oswald killed by Jack Ruby; 1974, D.B. Cooper hijacks Seattle-bound airliner; 1974, 'Lucy' found.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, striking Colo. miners attacked with machine guns by state police; 1877, Thomas Edison announces invention of the phonograph, 1959, Alan Freed fired by WABC 770 AM for accepting payola to promote records.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1863, President Abraham Lincoln delivers short speech in Gettysburg, Pa.; in 1984, a Pemex LNG facility destroyed by series of gas explosions, 600 people are killed; in 1998, Senate builds fire under Bill Clinton.