Man denies knife threatOctober 24,2013Rutlander denies
assault with knife
A Rutland man who allegedly threatened to stab two people in an argument on Park Street denied a felony charge this week.
Brian K. Hathaway, 50, pleaded innocent in Rutland criminal court to a charge of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.
Hathaway, who appeared in court on a citation, remains free on court-ordered conditions that he stay away from the people he allegedly threatened, as well as their homes and workplaces.
Rutland City Police said Hathaway threatened his neighbor, Brenda Terry, 45, and her co-worker Robert Lacroix, 27, with a knife outside his apartment at 116 Park Ave. on Sept. 16.
During the incident, police said, Hathaway complained about items missing from his home and threatened to cut the throats of Terry and Lacroix.
Hathaway told police someone was stealing his possessions and that he would “shoot anyone who came near his belongings again,” court records state.MORE IN This Just InA stepfather accused of killing his 2-year-old daughter was released from jail Friday night after... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.