Man denies knife threatOctober 24,2013Rutlander denies
assault with knife
A Rutland man who allegedly threatened to stab two people in an argument on Park Street denied a felony charge this week.
Brian K. Hathaway, 50, pleaded innocent in Rutland criminal court to a charge of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.
Hathaway, who appeared in court on a citation, remains free on court-ordered conditions that he stay away from the people he allegedly threatened, as well as their homes and workplaces.
Rutland City Police said Hathaway threatened his neighbor, Brenda Terry, 45, and her co-worker Robert Lacroix, 27, with a knife outside his apartment at 116 Park Ave. on Sept. 16.
During the incident, police said, Hathaway complained about items missing from his home and threatened to cut the throats of Terry and Lacroix.
Hathaway told police someone was stealing his possessions and that he would “shoot anyone who came near his belongings again,” court records state.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: America's feet getting bigger than ever, and Americans keep jamming their feet into small sized shoes. Wake up, America!
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Vanessa Williams resigns from Miss America pageant after Bob Guccione publishes nude photos of her in Penthouse magazine and Hefner takes the high road; on this day in 1995, Alan Hale and Thomas Bopp discover a new comet.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Brandon voters decide fate of proposed budget, calls to police for service on complaints have fallen to new low, city woman who spray painted a response to vandals on her sidewalk is cited for mischief.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: When all the big mammals are rubbed out and a faint geologic memory, rats the size of human beings will stalk the Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: National survey ranks Vermont kids' well-being in second place, Springfield takes up anti-loitering ordinance, Rutland debate taxis, Fair Haven woman is arrested in Rutland for prostitution.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather and news: Research scientists say schizophrenia and marijuana use linked. Are marijuana smokers schizophrenic or are schizophrenics more disposed toward marijuana use?