Man denies knife threatOctober 24,2013Rutlander denies
assault with knife
A Rutland man who allegedly threatened to stab two people in an argument on Park Street denied a felony charge this week.
Brian K. Hathaway, 50, pleaded innocent in Rutland criminal court to a charge of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.
Hathaway, who appeared in court on a citation, remains free on court-ordered conditions that he stay away from the people he allegedly threatened, as well as their homes and workplaces.
Rutland City Police said Hathaway threatened his neighbor, Brenda Terry, 45, and her co-worker Robert Lacroix, 27, with a knife outside his apartment at 116 Park Ave. on Sept. 16.
During the incident, police said, Hathaway complained about items missing from his home and threatened to cut the throats of Terry and Lacroix.
Hathaway told police someone was stealing his possessions and that he would “shoot anyone who came near his belongings again,” court records state.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: First televised nuclear test, Woody Harrelson's father claimed involvement in the JFK assassination, Immanuel Kant and William L. Shirer rave on and MIT researchers propose sea-borne nuclear power stations.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Accused child killer released on bail, protesters want him back behind bars, aldermen meet to vote on mayor's board nomination, 156 Vermont runners participate in Monday's Boston Marathon.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Soil beneath Greenland ice sheet predates dawn of mankind, Hitch faces true Hollawood problem head-on, Mark Twain on school boards, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Free Library director Paula Baker will retire at the end of the year, state Senate will vote on new minimum wage legislation and Bennington College graduates win Pulitzer Prizes.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.