Man acquitted in domestic assault trialOctober 24,2013Man acquitted of
BENNINGTON — A local man was acquitted of a felony count of domestic assault after a jury trial Wednesday.
Dana J. Pratt, 21, was arraigned in July in Bennington criminal court on a felony count of second-degree aggravated domestic assault, as well as misdemeanor counts of unlawful mischief and unlawful trespass onto property.
The jury found Pratt innocent of all charges Wednesday.
Police said a woman reported July 16 that Pratt had threatened her with a hammer, tied her wrists with a scarf and broke items in her home.
The woman had been in a seven-year relationship with Pratt and they have a child together.
Pratt still has pending charges of violating conditions of probation after his conviction for a 2012 domestic assault against the same woman in the July 16 incident. He is due back in court in November.MORE IN This Just InA stepfather accused of killing his 2-year-old daughter was released from jail Friday night after... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.