Man acquitted in domestic assault trialOctober 24,2013Man acquitted of
BENNINGTON — A local man was acquitted of a felony count of domestic assault after a jury trial Wednesday.
Dana J. Pratt, 21, was arraigned in July in Bennington criminal court on a felony count of second-degree aggravated domestic assault, as well as misdemeanor counts of unlawful mischief and unlawful trespass onto property.
The jury found Pratt innocent of all charges Wednesday.
Police said a woman reported July 16 that Pratt had threatened her with a hammer, tied her wrists with a scarf and broke items in her home.
The woman had been in a seven-year relationship with Pratt and they have a child together.
Pratt still has pending charges of violating conditions of probation after his conviction for a 2012 domestic assault against the same woman in the July 16 incident. He is due back in court in November.MORE IN This Just InThink of Saturday’s event as a classier and much more fun version of Black Friday. Full StoryComments Of Senator Patrick Leahy (D-Vt. Full StoryBURLINGTON - Vermont prosecutors and defense attorneys are in talks to settle charges filed... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation