Man acquitted in domestic assault trialOctober 24,2013Man acquitted of
BENNINGTON — A local man was acquitted of a felony count of domestic assault after a jury trial Wednesday.
Dana J. Pratt, 21, was arraigned in July in Bennington criminal court on a felony count of second-degree aggravated domestic assault, as well as misdemeanor counts of unlawful mischief and unlawful trespass onto property.
The jury found Pratt innocent of all charges Wednesday.
Police said a woman reported July 16 that Pratt had threatened her with a hammer, tied her wrists with a scarf and broke items in her home.
The woman had been in a seven-year relationship with Pratt and they have a child together.
Pratt still has pending charges of violating conditions of probation after his conviction for a 2012 domestic assault against the same woman in the July 16 incident. He is due back in court in November.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Seals have figured out fish they like to eat gather in schools around turbines in offshore wind farms. But the environment is not without hazards, maintenance vessels and noise pollution.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Teamsters leader Jimmy Hoffa disappears on this day in 1975, on this day in 2003, the last Volkswagen Type I, the Beetle, rolls off the assembly line in Mexico, Nelson Mandela on the primacy of teaching love over hate.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont Yankee announces final day of nuclear power generation in Vermont, storm brings floods back to Chester, Castleton town manager to resign office, chronic offender sentenced to 25 years for sexual assault.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Archaeologists find a leather shoe in a cave in Armenia that predates the Pyramids by more than a thousand years.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1932, President Hoover orders the Army to evict bonus marchers from Anacostia Flats; author Malcolm Lowry born this day, as is Jackie Kennedy and Mike Bloomfield; Stephen Crane on consuming one's own heart.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Earth barely avoids being blasted by immense solar flare in 2012, astrophysicists say next time might not be so lucky.